Monday, October 15, 2012

Nothing New Really

 I have 2 things to tell you about, that don't really require a blog post, but I wanted to share...

1. I am officially over half way through my bottom aligners! I put tray 9 of 16 in 5 days ago! YAY!!!

Still a little longer on the top because I have 23 total (I am 1/3 of the way done on top, however). I'm just happy with the half way milestone and wanted to share! :)


2. Yesterday, I took my son to the pumpkin patch. I decided I wanted some hot chocolate, so being the disciplined Invisalign wearer that I am, I took them out. It was a horribly windy day and when I went to put them in the case, the wind grabbed one of them and it landed in the mud. GROSS!!! :( I was not about to put it back in my mouth without a proper cleaning (soaked in denture cleaner and scrubbed with a toothbrush) so I ended up having them out for about 4 hours in one shot yesterday, and that doesn't count the time I had them out for regular meals!
Anyway, all is well now. They were pretty tight when I first put them back in, but that subsided rather quickly.


I do have my next followup appointment on October 26th. I plan on posting updated pictures again at that time. At that appointment, I will be having more scans done to make sure everything is progressing as planned, so fingers crossed! :) I guess I am on the plan which is call "Invisalign Assist" so every 10 trays they make sure everything is going as planned with a new scan, before making the 10 sets of trays.




Feel free to leave questions/comments below. You can also sign up to receive an email each time I post by signing up in the "Follow by Email" box to the right.

4 comments:

  1. oh man that sucks!!!

    I completely lost my bottom aligners for tray 6 because I ate and didn't put them in the case, but thats how I remembered I missed my appointment to pick up tray 7 through 9 ! Can you believe that! I have been diligent about wearing them and taking care of them, and I suppose it's better to wear them longer than shorter periods, but I just have been swamped.

    I'm glad you didn't lose them and have to go back a tray though. That's the worst and god forbid that happens to either of us. Funny story though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You missed your appointment? Oh no! How long before you were able to get in? What did they do about tray 6? Did it set you back?

      Delete
  2. Hmmm, I guess teeth don't benefit from a mud bath...... ;)

    That is really exciting that you are so far along!! Oh, and btw, judging from a previous blog, there is a huge difference between when you have your trays in and when you don't! (I imagine it is a bigger difference in the first few days of a tray.)

    I am following you now, so I can keep up with your progress! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there is definitely a difference between the trays being in and out. I prefer the look of my teeth when they're in, so it helps me keep them in longer... I think :)

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete