Thursday, January 31, 2013

Exciting News Today!!!


So I went in for my appointment to get trays 17-19 this morning.

I went in and the assistant looked at my teeth with and without tray 16 in to make sure all the attachments we still there and make sure everything was fitting correctly and my bite was lining up, and ran floss through to make sure none of the teeth were spaced too closely. I left the trays out so the dentist could get a look...


THEN SHE WALKED IN...

She had a huge smile on her face and genuine excitement! :) She said she couldn't believe how small the gap had gotten. She said she had by before pictures out for some reason the other day and she was thinking about what a change it had been, but even more so now that she's seen me again!

It made my day!!! :)


The other day
 ...one of my coworkers know that I have Invisalign. He had braces a couple of years ago and we were talking about it for some reason.
As previously mentioned in earlier posts, the gap looks smaller then the trays are in. Anyway, he looked right at me and said "you're done right?" I told him no, I had them in, and then took them out so he could see... but what an amazing feeling for someone to think that they look that great already (even though I had the trays in)


This last week has COMPLETELY validated my decision to do this in the first place :) :) :)


The only other notable thing that's happened since my last update... As my gap gets smaller, my lip gets caught in it more and more when I eat! I know that eventually this too shall pass, it's just a really odd feeling! LOL

When I go back in 6 weeks, I will be getting tray 20. At that time, since I'm on the Invisalign Assist, they will do another scan to see how things are progressing and see if any changes need to be made to the plan before the rest of my trays are made.
Right now I'm scheduled to have 26 total trays for my first round. With any luck, this will keep me on track for the 26 or take some away - Not add more trays like when they did the scan at 10 trays!

I will make sure to update again when I get that news!



Tray 17 With Trays In 1/31/13

Tray 17 Without Trays In 1/31/13
Tray 17 With Trays In 1/31/13

















Feel free to leave questions/comments below. You can also sign up to receive an email each time I post by signing up in the "Follow by Email" box to the right.

5 comments:

  1. Hello there! Your teeth look more beautiful now! I know you’re too excited for the final result. I believe the next scans will be great also. I’ll be waiting for your updates and hoping for good results!

    Avis Charland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comments! :) I was happy to see it in the first place, but then I clicked your name and it took me to your website. It's great hearing an opinion from another Invisalign Provider! Thanks! :)

      Delete
  2. Welcome Christina. How are you now? I hope your teeth is already better now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I noticed that the invisalign doesn't cover your whole tooth in the front Why is that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry but I'm not sure what you're referring to... It does cover all of my teeth completely. You may be looking at an attachment bubble or maybe just a shadow? I'm not sure.

      Delete