Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Tray 4 - 1st Follow-up Appointment at 6 weeks

So it's been almost a week, but last Thursday I went in for my first Invisalign check up. I am currently on Day 8 of Tray 4. The dentist checked my mouth out without the aligners in. Then checked with the aligners in, to make sure that all the teeth were where they were supposed to be and to make sure that all of the attachments were in the proper place and turning my teeth correctly.
She also took a look at the cracks in my old alingers and said it almost has to be caused by the way I'm taking them out. She watched me put them in a take them back out and didn't see anything. I'll just be way more careful from here on out and see what happens with the next couple of sets.

She said everything looks great and is going as planned! She asked me to put in the 4th set to make sure everything lined up with the new set. She then asked if I wanted to wear trays 4 now, or go back to 3 and wait until bed time to put in 4. (Of course I want tray 4! Why would I want to wait???) There was a little discomfort, but again, no pain! :) She sent me on my way with sets 5 and 6.

The next day I decided to pull out tray 6 and compare it to tray 1. Of course my comparison is mainly in the gap in my front teeth, since that is my main concern. But WOW! I couldn't believe how much smaller it is going to be! :) Probably not quite half the original size, but a HUGE improvement! Only 2 weeks and 6 days until I put those bad boys in my mouth! :) (not that I'm counting or anything)


As always - Feel free to leave questions/comments below. You can also sign up to receive an email each time I post by signing up in the "Follow by Email" box to the right.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're making great progress! & No pain? That's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No pain! Except when I switched to the second tray which caused a bad headache and some pain. Otherwise, just mild discomfort when I switch trays. Usually by the second week, I don't notice them at all.

      Delete
  2. YAY! Thanks this gives me an idea of what to expect on my first follow up appointment!

    ReplyDelete